Travel Between Old Town Bluffton & Daufuskie with our scenic water taxi!
Discover Daufuskie Island & Palmetto Bluff
Take our water taxis and stroll over intriguing Daufuskie Island or Palmetto Bluff! You’ll find a rich cultural experience with art galleries, nature preserves and historic sites on Daufuskie Island. And you’ll love the dining and Farmer’s Market on Palmetto Bluff. Perfect for sightseeing, you might also get to take great photos of dolphins and blue herons!
Important Vacation Information
- Tips for a Smooth Trip
- Departure times are what May River Excursions schedule. It is best to get to the dock early and unload luggage before the boat arrives to make an easy transition from car to boat.
- May River Excursions departs at the end of Calhoun St. in old town Bluffton. The address to the dock is 110 Calhoun St. Bluffton, SC 29910. You should see an old church. Park and unload luggage onto dock. Then head to the store at 81 Calhoun St to confirm your long term parking.
- There are several grocery stores in the Bluffton area. These include: Super Walmart, multiple Publix, Kroger, Food Lion, and Sam’s Club.
- For folks who would like to skip the shopping and have their groceries waiting on them should go to www.cybervaletgrocery.com or call 843-290-3191
- Also for fresh seafood visit the Bluffton Oyster Company next door to the dock at 63 Wharf Street. They are open Monday- Saturday 9 am to 5:30 pm. They unload fresh shrimp, fish, oysters, clams, and crabs daily. www.blufftonoyster.com
- There are also several restaurants in the historic district along Calhoun St. If you want to arrive early for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. There are also many eccentric galleries and boutique shops along the street.
- Great Restaurants in the Area
Located a stone’s throw away from the Public Dock (or “County Dock”), Marshside Mamas Cafe is a regional favorite for southern cooking. The menu changes daily, reflecting what is locally available. Open for lunch Tuesday-Saturday 12pm – 3pm, dinner Wednesday-Sat 6 pm – 10 pm, and Sunday brunch 11 am – 4 pm. Reservations are suggested. 843-785-4755
Lucy Belle’s Café
The cafe is located at the intersection of Benjie’s Point Rd and School Rd. They are open for lunch and breakfast from Tuesday 8 am – 3 pm. The meals are southern-focused, hearty, yet quickly arrive after ordering. 843-341-6477
The Eagle’s Nest
This Bloody Point Resort Restaurant offers southern cuisine and fresh seafood. Monday nights are a local favorite for “Pizza Night”, and Thursdays offer a “Fresh Catch” dish. They are open for Lunch 11 am to 5 pm except Tuesday they close at 3pm and for Dinner they open at 5 pm to 8:30 pm except for Tuesdays they are closed. Dinner reservations are strongly encouraged. 843-341-5522
Old Daufuskie Crab Company
Located in the Freeport Marina, the Crab Company offers a variety of southern dishes including deviled crab, local fish, chicken quesadillas, and burgers. Seating includes picnic tables outside overlooking the Freeport dock. Call 843-785-6652 for more information.
- Medical & Emergency Contacts
- Emergency Medical Services – 911
- Daufuskie Island Fire Department – 843-785-8358
- Daufuskie Island Crime Hotline – 843-255-3356
- Hilton Head Hospital – 843-681-6122
- Power Outage SC Electric & Gas – 888-333-4465
- Land Transportation Contacts
- Daufuskie Island Transit – 843-338-2570
- Island Carts – 843-505-3937
- Local Rental Contacts